Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pink & White Ballerina

Hello friends!  I'm back with a card to play along with the new challenge at Mo's Challenge Blog.  This week the challenge is to make a card that is not a square....time to step out of my comfort zone!  I have  a new set of punches I want to play with but I didn't break them out for this one.  Maybe next time!

I picked several challenges I try to join regularly and I'm pretty happy with what I came up with.
I chose one of my favorites called lil ballerina.  I think this one is so sweet.  She makes me smile when I look at her.  I colored her with my Prismacolor pencils and added white glitter to her tutu.
 OK....first, this picture makes it look like this is a square....but it's not!  I promise!  It's a rectangle. honest!  And I turned it into a tag.  So, that's not a square right?  I added tiny rhinestones to the image and larger bumpy bling on the mat.  I used some very old lace from my stash (not vintage, just stuff I've had way too long), some pink ribbon, seam binding, buttons from my stash and some twine (which is combined with the lace in the hole at the top of the tag).
This great design paper is from a new MME stack I bought called Laundry Line.


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Mo's Challenge Blog - Don't Be a Square
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Doilies, Lace & Twine
Top Tip Tuesday - Tag, You're It
Papertake Weekly - Buttons & Bling
City Crafter Challenge Blog - All That Glitters
Divas by Design - Fancy Fold
Digi Tuesday - Pink & White

I think that's about it.  Thanks for taking a peek!

Blessings & Hugs,

Michelle

16 comments:

  1. Oh this is just beautiful! Thank you for joining in at our doily, lace and twine challenge at Cupcake.keeley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and pretty. I just adore it. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is just adorable!! How very sweet that image is ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a little sweetie!! This is a great fold, too!!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hi Michelle ,

    beautiful card (tag) ;) . Lovely colours and cute image .

    Have a nice weekend Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so so sweet!! The glitter on her tu tu looks wonderful! Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome image! Your paper selection is beautiful too. I love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of love the cute image you included in this card, what a great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful project Michelle, so pretty in pink and a really sweet design! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake this week and good luck :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card hun. Wonderfully colored and just a stunning design.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Michelle :-) the image is just soo cute and the papers and sparkle are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. The image is adorable and I love the pretty colours and beautiful detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge this time
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww how adorable! I love the sparkle and as usual, your coloring really makes it fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's adorable Michelle! The touch of glitter and the fun shape are wonderful. So glad you could play along with us this week at Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh very pretty tag card and perfectly girly too! Thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Diva's
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete